Nature Series $2.00 per child or a donated item off of our wish list.
The Raptor Center‘s Wildlife Workshops are geared toward children in grades 3-6, but they are enjoyed by kids from 2 – 99! Parents are encouraged to attend and participate.
The Center’s Florida Wildlife Series focuses on both education and awareness of our environment and wildlife.
Natures Guardians are what the kids that come to our workshops call themselves. Click here for a description of our workshops. We offer conservations workshops geared to kids eight years old and up on the third Friday of each month at various parks around Hillsborough County. Check our event schedule for details.
Schedule January – December 2021 Due to Covid-19 our exact schedule still remains uncertain. Once we have determined that everyone is comfortable being around each other again, our normal schedule will resume. Also currently Hillsborough County Parks are not even penciling in events yet so our places are TBD.
January 15 – Nature’s Guardians – Falcons – Meet Puck the Crested Caracara
February 19 Baby Owl Shower – Screech Owls
March 6 – Wonders of Wildlife Festival – Screech owls and caracara will be used
March 19 Wildlife Corridors – Caracara
March 17 – St. Patty’s day with the owls – Owl folklore will be shared in another baby owl shower – screech owls
April 16 – Florida Ecosystems and Their Wildlife – Caracara
May 21 – Birds of prey – Screech Owls & Caracara
June 18 – Summer Camp at the Center – All day multi-learning event – Screech Owls and Caracara
July 16 – Batty about bats
August 20 – Crested Caracara and falcons – joint presentation with Anne Marie Jordan of Edufeathers and her American Kestrel
September 17 – Farming how birds and bees help the farmers. Come meet a real bee keeper and work in our garden. The Screech owls and caracara will be will be here today as our ambassadors!
October 15 – Owloween – Folklore associated with owls around the world. Screech Owls
November 19 – Thanksgiving – Celebrate our harvest multiple sessions will be going on at the same time. Screech owls and caracara will be our ambassadors and will be teaching people about their own kind.
December 17 – Celebrating wildlife Screech owls and Caracara will be used.
There is Wildlife Among Us: Exploring Nature after dark in our own Neighborhoods
We can come and do this workshop for your neighborhood. We cover:
- Animals that may be found in your yard; bats, fox, deer, raccoon, coyote, tortoise, squirrels, skunks, bear, otter, panther, bobcat
- The basic reasons why is wildlife is attracted to houses and properties
- How to minimize contact with wildlife
- Common diseases found in our local wildlife
- What happens when a trapper is called
- What to do if you find injured or sick wildlife
- Various organizations that are working hard to protect wildlife
- The basic role that the Florida Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) and the United State Fish and Wildlife Service play in protecting wildlife
- The importance of clean water for everyone
- Virtual Presentations viz Zoom (60 minutes): $100
- At your location (60 minutes): $200
Meet Puck the Crested Caracara